vnc my ubi.. I see no ubi grasp ,nothing?

Anything support related, problems with your Ubi, setup, portal, support site, forum, etc. Bug reports can go here too. If you are experiencing problems, start here in the FAQ.

AuthorPost

vnc my ubi.. I see no ubi grasp ,nothing?

ubiname1

Post Posted » Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm

vnc old not working ubi. I see it wifi address. I updated Google. but when I press u button it flashes stays blue. I look at apps and stuff nothing ubi is there. my working ubi has ubi updater and ubi grasp etc... can this ubi live again? ??? help me. step by step.what do I do?

Re: vnc my ubi.. I see no ubi grasp ,nothing?

notgreg

Post Posted » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:43 am

So you've identified the reason why the Ubi's are no longer working: The Ubi software is gone from the system.

Why is it gone? Because the hardware has failed.

Here's the story:

When the ubi boots, there is a startup script. This script is looking for the ubi software. It has a log:

done=//
initializing UBI ...
rm failed for /mnt/sdcard/theubi, No such file or directory
waiting for sdcard to be ready

[...]

The Ubi startup script waits for the sdcard to be ready. This error is a mis-noma in that it's waiting for a directory to be present, which is on the sdcard. From the startup script we see:

while [ ! -d /mnt/sdcard/ivona3/tts ]; do
echo waiting for sdcard to be ready
sleep 5
done

.. and here is where it loops, and will loop forever. This does not cause the blue to blink, that is done by separate hardware within the ubi itself, and android does not restart either. It quite happily keeps on running, but there are problems with it. Eventually, it crashes, however.

To make the ubi script continue on, the directory just has to be present. An easy fix:

root@android:/ # mkdir -p /mnt/sdcard/ivona3/tts
root@android:/ #

Done!

However, the next test in the script is the big one. It tests for the presence of the ubi software itself. Paraphrasing the script:

pm list packages com.theubi | grep theubi

But this is where the problems really begin. The Android package manager program no longer works:

root@android:/ # pm list packages
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?
root@android:/ #

So, even if you managed to de-solder the bad chips and re-solder some good replacement chips on the MiniPC's board, you will have to fix the android os as well. Also, even if we skipped the testing for the presence of the ubi software entirely, it still wont work as the disk containing it has failed.

When hardware and software dies in a computer, it doesn't look good. Usually you just replace the hardware and re-install the software. This is a little difficult in the minipc's case.

There are a few more interesting errors from dmesg and stack trace logs indicating FlashReadError(s) from the flash (os) card, which eventually cause the whole system to crash.

So, you see, there is no fixing this minipc hardware.

Re: vnc my ubi.. I see no ubi grasp ,nothing? the fix!

ubiname1

Post Posted » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Thank you.. I will throw away my not working ubi... I had hoped I could use the working ubi. Can copy from it too not working ubi? Or go to uni web so they can download to ubi.??? Well I thank you wish ubi company would exchange for sick ubi. I send it back,,,,, but leor has been good to me.