Cannot reset UBI to defaults

Anything support related, problems with your Ubi, setup, portal, support site, forum, etc. Bug reports can go here too. If you are experiencing problems, start here in the FAQ.

AuthorPost

Cannot reset UBI to defaults

macs2u

Post Posted » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:08 am

I have a UBI inherited from a friend, and when I power it on it just goes blue after inital flashing—ir the apparent behaviour when it is already set up.

Except I haven't set it up for my WIFI or anything and need to do so.

I have followed the setup instructions: Push button, wait for at least 4 flashes, then it should change colour to purple. None of that happens at all. Tried repeated times without any of the expected response at all.

I expect it is an already-set-up UBI, but how do I set it back to defaults? I can't find any info anywhere and none with the documentation that came with it.

Thanks very much

Guy

Re: Cannot reset UBI to defaults

notgreg

Post Posted » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:20 am

Hi Guy,

You can't actually reset and Ubi to factory defaults. It just needs to be connected to another WiFi network and you're done.

What you may need to do it ask your friend to disassociate the Ubi from his account to make it setup ok at your place. It's in the settings page of the Ubi, where you set the voice and location etc.