Notification noises after ok UBI

Anything support related, problems with your Ubi, setup, portal, support site, forum, etc. Bug reports can go here too. If you are experiencing problems, start here in the FAQ.

AuthorPost

Notification noises after ok UBI

That._guy

Post Posted » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:19 pm

I just got an UBI. At first it would not go green so I opened VNC and updated google on the play store as another user recommended. But now almost every time it plays notification noises after ok UBI. I am not an android user so I don't know what these noises are or how to shut them off. Any help is appreciated. The file attached shows the noises I am talking about. Sorry it is a zip it wouldn't allow MP3 for some reason.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Notification noises after ok UBI

notgreg

Post Posted » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:45 pm

The sounds are normal behaviour and cannot be changed/silenced AFAIK.

Also, the mp3 did not play.

That._guy

Post Posted » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Sorry just uploaded it on youtube instead. Here is the link
Watch on youtube.com
I know about the regular sound that plays. But these aren't the regular sound. It doesn't even allow you to tell UBI anything.

notgreg

Post Posted » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:40 pm

You are right, those sounds are not normal. I would open a support ticket and see what they say. Since it appears to be on the network ok, they could push and update and hopefully fix it.

I assume you've power cycled it many times? Maybe press the off button in VNC and let it shutdown and reboot. Just leave it and let it do its thing. Does the U button work ok?

That._guy

Post Posted » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. I put in help ticket. Do you know if these sounds are the default notifications noises for a certain application.
Thanks again

notgreg

Post Posted » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:20 pm

It appears to be the sound when you say Ok Ubi, and do not respond, ie. say nothing. The Ubi only makes one such sound, but yours appears to make five. Perhaps if you speak to it when it goes green, it might "wake up" and listen.

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:55 pm

That's not a normal behavior. It sounds like a SpeechRecognizer error. We have a ticket for it and are looking into this. Thanks for catching it.