controlling Pandora and playing music with UBI

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

controlling Pandora and playing music with UBI

That._guy

Post Posted » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:30 pm

HI
I have an original kickstarter ubi and luckily sound cloud works or me. But many songs are covers and sound nothing like the original. So I have been looking for other options to play music. The first thing I did was upload all my music onto google drive an made a lesson for each of them using the ask Abi /play command. This works well and plays quickly but takes extremely long to set up. To play Pandora I have been using the user mlava tasker integration idea. I use auto remote to send an http request to additional android running auto remote and tasker which opens a pandora links which starts playing the pandora app to the specific station to a bluetooth speaker. This works but takes a pretty long time to start playing. Also I have not figured out yet how to skip and pause songs. They explain it here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tasker/45USM3pSuYg . But I just started using tasker and don't know how to use it :? . Does anyone have any better ideas to play pandora or how to skip and pause. Also is their a way to keep Ubi connected to a bluetooth speaker it always disconnects. thanks.

Update

I was able to use media utilities to pause and skip Pandora. But would love to do this on ubi without another device. I have read many forums here and have herd that bricking Ubi does happen. Would installing tasker do this?
Thanks

Re: controlling Pandora and playing music with UBI

vmsman

Post Posted » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:55 pm

I see Ubi as being a good control point for voice commands but the speaker quality is not something to boast about. I have Ubi control my Sonos Play 3 speaker to play Pandora stations and skip songs via my SmartThings. This works very well. I even have Ubi commands to control the Sonos volume. Bluetooth is such a mediocre quality protocol anyway.

Re: controlling Pandora and playing music with UBI

That._guy

Post Posted » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:39 pm

thanks for your reply. I actually installed tasker and pandora and all the plugins on ubi itself and now it plays pandora without any other devices. It works well it even pauses the music in the background when it hears ok ubi. As you said bluetooth isn't the best but for my casual music listening it is fine. Is it possible to change the pandora station and skip a song with sonos and smarthings? I see they are currently adding sonos support to the portal. I don't currently own a sonos speakers as I don't think I listen to enough music for it to be worth it for me. I hear the sound quality is amazing though. thanks again