UBI can now add items to my shopping list! (Or project!)

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

UBI can now add items to my shopping list! (Or project!)

B1ptsv24User avatar

Post Posted » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 pm

So I found a website that allows me to e-mail tasks to any project so that I can get UBI to add tasks to my projects (or items to my shopping list).

The website is called toodledo.com and it is free. (The feature to email tasks your projects in Todoist is $33/year).

So I registered at toodledo.com and used these instructions http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php to find out how to get my personal toodledo e-mail address and get the syntax for using the email feature to add tasks to projects (folders) as well as being able to retrieve those tasks:

Then I added a folder called Shopping list. Then I created a Lesson for my UBI, where I just have to say "Ok UBI". "Add oranges to my shopping list" then she says "oranges added to shopping list" and the "oranges" get added as a task to the Shopping list folder in Toodledo! It shows up there in seconds!

Then when I'm at the store I just have to use my Windows Phone and send an email to my personal toodledo address with the subject line "?*Shopping list" and it emails all of my items in my shopping list folder (this also only took seconds by the way)! So simple! Now my husband or I can get UBI to add items to the shopping list throughout the week and then when I go to do groceries, I just have to get the list emailed to me.

(Even easier if you have an iPhone since there is an app for toodledo for the iPhone and prob for android too).

With the second variable that I added to the lesson, I can create lots of different folders in toddledo and still use UBI to add items to those folders (like things to remember to bring on a vacation) without having to add a new lesson.

(By the way, I tried this with ToDoist but it did not work with the UBI because the lesson did not like the format of the ToDoist email address)

Here is my lesson:
image.jpg

Shirl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UBI can now add items to my shopping list! (Or project!)

Kenneth

Post Posted » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:20 am

Hi Shirl,

Thanks for the explanation. Will try it later today!

Kenneth

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:06 am

Very nice! Will need to try this out.

B1ptsv24User avatar

Post Posted » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:03 pm

It's working great guys!

I've now got a Costco List, Shopping List and I have set up 7 more folders, one for each day of the week, and I keep track of what I eat each day in there (so I can print out each week for my monthly visit to my nutritionist)!

My husband can now say "Add dog bones to Costco list" and they get added.
I can say "Add Banana to Monday" and Banana gets added to my Monday list (of course I have to print then reset those lists each week but it's much easier than trying to remember what I ate on Saturday when today is Thursday!!!).

zhakaashonline

Post Posted » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:43 am

Yes, like UBI there is also zhakaash.com. However, one of best online shopping website in Patna. In fact, used to sell different items. If you are one of them who are looking for online shopping then it is best to get from zhakaash. The best thing is that provide delivery same day.

personal care online shopping in Patna