ToDoist for adding tasks to shopping lists

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

ToDoist for adding tasks to shopping lists

B1ptsv24User avatar

Post Posted » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:44 pm

I tried to use IFTTT to be able to add items to my shopping list (or get my husband to!) in ToDoist but it won't take two arguments (in other words, I need the utterance and then the item to add to my list but IFTTT will only let me get one variable from my UBI which is the utterance). So I wondered if anyone has used the ToDoist API yet in an UBI lesson? if so can you show me how?

Thanks,

#API-rookie
Last edited by B1ptsv24 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ToDoist for adding tasks to shopping lists

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 am

Can you send an email to Todoist to add a task?

Did a quick check and I think so...

https://todoist.com/Help/viewEmailTasks

In that case, you can specify a variable in an Ubi lesson to make it work.

Hope this helps!

B1ptsv24User avatar

Post Posted » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 am

Oh Leor, you are such a tease :D and provided me with so much hope! I did a little test just using my gmail account and sending the word "Oranges" to my shopping list using the instructions from the link that you showed me below (even had to pay for ToDoist premium - only $33 - to be able to email tasks). It worked e-mailing from my gmail account and I was so happy!

But alas, when I tried it with the UBI lesson, my hopes were dashed.

I could not add the lesson because for whatever reason it did not like that todoist e-mail address (see attached jpg). The ToDoist email address format is project.(9 digit number).(7 digit number)@todoist.net

I tried the exact same lesson but using my yahoo email address and it worked fine (she said "Oranges added to shopping list" and I received the email.

So do you know why it will not accept that ToDoist email address?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

B1ptsv24User avatar

Post Posted » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:20 pm

I got it working with a different website (toodledo.com) and it's fee! I'll start a new post and explain how...