HTTP Request

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

Re: HTTP Request

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:29 pm

For music, request goes to Grooveshark. That's usually where the delay happens. "Playing x in a moment" is usually spoken a moment after the request is sent to Grooveshark. If there's no match at Grooveshark, we get "Please try again" and if there's a timeout (10 s), we get "The Internet is very slow..." For Grooveshark, there are also delays in buffering that can come up.

We were using SoundCloud but while the timing was good, the results were very poor - so the tradeoff was better to have Grooveshark.

Server response time is usually very snappy and you can test with an utterance and voice announcement lesson.

pieter

Post Posted » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi Leor

I dont think you get it, i dont understand you :(
you are not telling anything?

the voice announcement with ($.extract) is not working and takes 30 seconds to minutes!!
please read the topic, so you see where this is about
the play music is something what works! bust just mentioned as example.......

DominiqueUser avatar

Post Posted » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:58 am

You know, integrating Spotify with an HTTP Request is probably do-able for music.

https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/user-guide/

I am still waiting on my replacement Ubi's to arrive. Once they get here I will test this.

That is, unless one of you all beat me to it. (If you have the know-how give it a shot!) :D
"A man has a property in his opinions and the free communication of them." -James Madison

pieter

Post Posted » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:30 am

and again quite from UBI

like many others on this forum, im think i will GIVE UP on UBI
this will never work and absolutely NO SUPPORT
:x :x

vmsman

Post Posted » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:27 am

So, how do you format the data? I can get it only to speak the city name but nothing else.

Today's weather in {$.name} is: {$.main.weather} and a low temperature of {$.main.temp_min}

This command speaks the city name but the weather condition and the low are never spoken. Can't find any documentation for openweathemap.org on the their website that works. Does Ubi extract the information differently?

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:07 pm

@pieter - I try to be on every day. If it's silence, it's cause I need to find the answer not because I don't love you. :-)

@vnsman - do those variables appear when you press the "Test" button on the rule?

JasonUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:44 am

Put your request into browser and take a look at the JSON in your browser. You can use POSTMAN to fire the request and then it formats the JSON response nicely for you. Nested JSON objects/arrays show as indented and color coded so it's easy to indetifiy nesting.

millahjovich

Post Posted » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 am

So interestingly also, switching it from a request from the Portal to coming from my specific Ubi solved the issue.
Hello I am Millah