Advanced Custom Behavior - HTTP Feature Tutorial

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

Advanced Custom Behavior - HTTP Feature Tutorial

Angela

Post Posted » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi All,

You've asked and we've delviered!

Here is a link to the ACB (Advanced Custom Behavior) HTTP feature tutorial https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdmjC0_FnjxMgx40ZyH7Z9njBQPxf-1bNzLE5WHUvl8/edit

We hope this helps out, drop us a support ticket if you have any questions or comments.

All the best!
Angela

Re: Advanced Custom Behavior - HTTP Feature Tutorial

saxnixUser avatar

Post Posted » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks Angela. This was a reminder for me that I needed to recreate a couple after they disappeared??

A suggestion though...it would be helpful if there was a way to name Access Tokens. Currently I have 3 on one Ubi and there is no way of knowing which is which unless I open them each up. Not a major thing, but it would be helpful if they could be named.
I want the lifestyle The Jetson's and Back to the Future II promised me...

Currently have;
Ubi, LIFX bulbs, Doorbot
Waiting for;
LIFX (GU10 downlights), WigWag, SmartPlug, Neurio, Plugaway, Lockitron, Filterwatch

Angela

Post Posted » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 am

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion, that certainly makes sense or to quote Spock "That seems logical"

We've passed this on to the team and hopefully we'll be able to consider this for future releases.

Keep the feedback coming!

Angela :geek:

xathrosUser avatar

Post Posted » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 am

I have been playing around with the local HTTP requests and have noted that there is a significant delay in the reaction to a custom behavior now that wasn't there a few weeks back. When I trigger a request either by an utterance or by clicking the test button on a custom behavior, it takes 10 to 15 seconds to perform the request. Previously it would complete the request in 2 to 3 seconds. This seems way too slow. Can anything be done to improve the reaction time?

Thanks.

-Xathros
...OK Ubi, Sign this post
--
Xathros
Integrating UBI with ISY-994 HA Controller
http://www.xathros.com

rfrstormer

Post Posted » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Someone please step in and correct me if I am wrong. But, it was my understanding that they are working on some server issues after a new update. This could be what is causing your excessive delays.
Your friendly UBI Loving guy!
RFRStormer

JasonUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 am

Yup lots of work was being done to the server the last couple weeks, it should be stable and fast now.

xathrosUser avatar

Post Posted » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:11 am

Lag time is much improved. A test (turning un bedroom lights) showed a response at my ISY in under a second. The second test (turning the lights back off) too about 5 seconds. Of course I would prefer the sub 1 sec response time but either way, this is much better than it had been.

-Xathros
...OK Ubi, Sign this post
--
Xathros
Integrating UBI with ISY-994 HA Controller
http://www.xathros.com