Ubi ACB (Advanced Custom Behaviours)

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

Re: Ubi ACB (Advanced Custom Behaviours)

JasonUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:52 pm

I changed that one post I made to say with ST motion sensor :lol: our next revision will have more sensors and motion will be one of them. But that won't be till well into 2015.

The sensors refresh every 10 seconds, the ST sensors are quicker to provide switch functionality. We may look to refresh our sensors at 5 seconds once we can afford to do it.

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:43 am

A few things re: light. It can bleed in through the back.

With some of the update we're pushing down for TCPIP Long Pull, the response time for sensor triggers will be much quicker. We're working on scalability y of our servers to actuate these rules while getting very amounts of data from deployed Ubis.

Hope to be pushing down the update soon.

thecolor

Post Posted » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:49 am

Leor wrote:A few things re: light. It can bleed in through the back.

With some of the update we're pushing down for TCPIP Long Pull, the response time for sensor triggers will be much quicker. We're working on scalability y of our servers to actuate these rules while getting very amounts of data from deployed Ubis.

Hope to be pushing down the update soon.

I volunteer to be on all betas (including software updates!) :)

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks! We'll have a few more soon.

thecolor

Post Posted » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 am

did I read the limit was 256? 'cause I'm getting nothing at 236 and have not tapered back to find the limit. :-\

xathrosUser avatar

Post Posted » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:35 pm

xathros wrote:I had probably around 15 or 20 of them that are only 1/2 of a complete transaction with the other half being in my ISY-994 HA controller. If I need to rebuild them, I will also have to fix each of the rules in the 994 as each will need a new token to match the new custom behavior. I would prefer for UCIC to restore my missing behaviors if possible.

-Xathros

Is is safe to recreate my missing custom behaviors now? I have read a few other posts about behaviors going missing though I don't know how recent those were. I assume there is no chance of them being restored and I will need to recreate the ones I want back correct? Has there been any progress toward an ability to backup or export/import behaviors?

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

-Xathros
...OK Ubi, Sign this post
--
Xathros
Integrating UBI with ISY-994 HA Controller
http://www.xathros.com

thecolor

Post Posted » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:40 pm

I've not seen any backup / export functionality yet, however, they did recently add an "ANY" feature to the portal which allows you the ability to call a command from any UBI, essentially eliminating the need to repeat commands across devices... just write it one time.

that said, with all the direct links I pasted into my scripts prior to losing them... I created variables for each of my UBIS, since (so far) the link does not change (just the token).

With the token being the variable, I can much easier change the token variable in my external scripts/programs that reference them instead of changing a crud load of references.

Of course, my bad for using absolute instead of relative resources. ;) live and learn.

So far, none of the ones I've re-created have disappeared (a month now)... but exporting and importing is still desired.

You may REALLY enjoy the "ANY" function though, not having to write it in multiple UBIS. :D

xathrosUser avatar

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks. Guess I'll start the rebuild. The "ANY" feature sounds nice. It won't be of much use to me till I pick up a second Ubi.

-Xathros
...OK Ubi, Sign this post
--
Xathros
Integrating UBI with ISY-994 HA Controller
http://www.xathros.com

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:30 am

I like the Any feature too! I've got a bunch of Ubis on my account so it's much faster to create custom behaviors this way.

thecolor

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:44 am

Leor wrote:I like the Any feature too! I've got a bunch of Ubis on my account so it's much faster to create custom behaviors this way.

Have you been experiencing UBI nonsensical statements (likely using the "ANY" feature) if you make the statement on one UBI, but the behavior / function(s) are on another UBI?

e.g. I have the computer functions set on the OFFICE UBI... I frequently (and more often) make my requests on the LIVINGROOM UBI... when I do that, the LIVINGROOM UBI says something stupid, and then executes the command... frequently also making any related utterances on the OFFICE UBI where the original behavior/function(s) were setup.

I'm guessing it's due to that (being setup in one portal area (office, livingroom, bedroom) and requested/stated in another.

thoughts?

saxnixUser avatar

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Now that you have the Any Ubi option, a follow up that would save time implementing on different Ubi would be to have check boxes for selecting which Ubi you wanted the Announcement on. For example, If I want to set up a rule for "Get the Kids", I want to be able to say that from mainly 2 ubi (but Any would work), but have it announced on 3 specific Ubi.
I want the lifestyle The Jetson's and Back to the Future II promised me...

Currently have;
Ubi, LIFX bulbs, Doorbot
Waiting for;
LIFX (GU10 downlights), WigWag, SmartPlug, Neurio, Plugaway, Lockitron, Filterwatch

thecolor

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 pm

saxnix wrote:Now that you have the Any Ubi option, a follow up that would save time implementing on different Ubi would be to have check boxes for selecting which Ubi you wanted the Announcement on. For example, If I want to set up a rule for "Get the Kids", I want to be able to say that from mainly 2 ubi (but Any would work), but have it announced on 3 specific Ubi.

This option would save having to have utterances for all three after the function, however, if UBI is having challenges making statements less 15 seconds + apart, then this might be delayed and (living in a condo)... it's kind of annoying to hear all three say the same thing, 15 seconds apart or even close to eachother, 'cause they are definitely not timed to say the same thing at the same time. :|

In a house though, this might be less of a challenge.

saxnixUser avatar

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm

I see what you are saying. I am in a 2 story house.
I want the lifestyle The Jetson's and Back to the Future II promised me...

Currently have;
Ubi, LIFX bulbs, Doorbot
Waiting for;
LIFX (GU10 downlights), WigWag, SmartPlug, Neurio, Plugaway, Lockitron, Filterwatch

thecolor

Post Posted » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:57 pm

saxnix wrote:I see what you are saying. I am in a 2 story house.

I had adjusted the UBIs sensitivity and volume for different rooms, although now it seems "sensitivity" is no longer available, and only volume... which is really not a huge thing if you're in the room.

ambient detection would be best! constant sampling. that way if you're listening to music or watching TV or live on a busy street it's more muted and UBI is listening for specific command(s).

tierneykev

Post Posted » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:32 pm

OK, so now I have ACB access. Is there a way to get normal Ubi command info as part of a custom behavior?

For instance, For my Good Morning command, which currently greets me and sets the mode on my smartthings setup, I'd also like to add info on the current weather in addition to some other custom stuff I'll be working on.