Sign up here.
So we have recently released a public API for ambitious users to try. Based on some preliminary feedback, people really like it but we feel it is too complicated for most people to understand without some help. Because of this we have integrated a large portion of our API into our custom behaviours so that users can do all these neat things without having to build their own complex webapps, in particular the OAuth2 implementation and token renewal. In fact you don't need API access at all to do most of these, we still need to elevate your account's permissions to use the advanced custom behaviours though.
Don't be alarmed if your My Apps link is missing... you no longer need it unless you would like to create an application for public use.
Advanced Custom Behaviours will be tailored for users who wish to do more with their Ubi provided they are a little tech savvy, you can integrate code, hit your own server and make Ubi speak all very easily without the API. This level of access is for those who want to make an application that only you are going to use. Instead you can use regular expressions to pass parameters to portal as voice then act upon. Choose which light to turn on/off, choose what you would like the trigger utterance to be.
How does the Ubi work?
The Ubi runs Android and has a persistent connection to the Internet. It hosts a supervisor app that is able to detect a local trigger word and then perform a command based on whatever is spoken after the trigger. The Ubi runs a set of local natural language understanding algorithms to decide the intent of the user. Based on its understanding of the command, the Ubi will fetch information from various Internet services and present this information back to the user through speech.
Custom behaviors allow the Ubi to trigger different events based on either the Ubi sensing a change in the environment or if someone says a particular command to the Ubi. These are programmed on the Ubi Portal and run from there.
What can I do with the Ubi ACB
- Make Ubi speak a predetermined phrase built in custom behaviours
- Make your app/server hit an Ubi custom behaviour action, based on HTTP request trigger
- Use regular expressions to pass parameters to your custom behaviour via voice
- Control an Ubi remotely based on predetermined custom behaviours
- Send email/text message to your contacts from an HTTP request
- Have your Ubi make behind-firewall-HTTP-requests based on incoming HTTP requests to Ubi servers.
- Mix and match the above to make a unique Ubi experience
- Login to Portal
- Click an Ubi, click "Add New Bahviour" button
- Click "Select a device" drop down", then click "HTTP Request"
- Shown is the exact URL to use in your webapp (or in a browser to test it) for this particular behaviour
- Save the custom behaviour, Ubi will say updated
We plan to add basic if/then/else statements in the future to help reduce the large number of custom behviours one might have. To make your requests more dynamic you can use regular expressions where similar custom behaviours might change a little.
If you previoulsy had API access and would still like API access, please create a support ticket here. Include what you be doing with the API, be as specific as possible. If you are developing an app on behalf of a company, please state the company name. Also don't forget to include your portal id in the request.
More guidance with examples and some pictures coming shortly.