Ubi ACB (Advanced Custom Behaviours)

Development related questions, API questions and documentation, questions about integration, API/custom behaviour suggestions, how-to documents and all the nitty gritty.

AuthorPost

Re: Ubi ACB (Advanced Custom Behaviours)

thecolor

Post Posted » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:41 pm

tierneykev wrote:OK, so now I have ACB access. Is there a way to get normal Ubi command info as part of a custom behavior?

For instance, For my Good Morning command, which currently greets me and sets the mode on my smartthings setup, I'd also like to add info on the current weather in addition to some other custom stuff I'll be working on.

at the moment UBI is not that "open", capable but not really easy without potentially messin' things up.

that said, I use tasker on my mobile to send UBI the info I've compiled and joined and such. :-)

I can post it for you if you'd like to use it (if you use tasker).

thecolor

Post Posted » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:50 pm

here is the file for tasker if you use it and would like it.

you'll need to create a few variables (mainly one for your UBI. "the token")

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzyyAvr ... cslist_api

tierneykev

Post Posted » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 am

I'll look into that. Thanks. It's a little annoying I can't simply ask for built in Ubi command responses

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 pm

That's a good point. We were thinking of a few ways to present this.

Some thoughts could be a random listing of commands if you ask for them or telling over 3rd or 4th request something new you can do with the Ubi.

Any suggestions on the best ways to educate people about the possibilities of the Ubi?

PurdueGuy

Post Posted » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:30 am

I'm late to the game here...just back from travel, and got one of my Ubis up and running.

I am trying a local HTTP request, but no luck. I see in the documentation it says "The Ubi device should be running APK1.0.28 or later in order to use the local HTTP request feature."

How do I check what I am running, and get that version if I don't have it? Or will Ubi download it for me after being online for while? I asked Ubi "what version is running" and it responded with "the version is 0.8.6-20140108" I can assume that is from 2014-01-08. Is that the APK? Something else?

Chuckles

Post Posted » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Hmmm...I can't get Ubi to tell me her version...may be my ocker accent.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this elsewhere, but could we get an indicator on the portal as to which version each Ubi is running?

JasonUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 am

Version reporting is coming but maybe you want to read this: http://forum.theubi.com/viewtopic.php?p=1803#p1803

HungryByteman

Post Posted » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Could someone please point me to a web page that is sort of like a step by step tutorial into creating some sample LESSONS. I've looked at some of the video tutorials, etc., but they don't work the same way for me.

For example, when I tried to set up a lesson for my saying "Good Morning Terry" which I wanted to reply by UBI, send an e-mail and send a text, I created an e-mail block, but when I tried to save it, it told me to correct my errors, and the error that was marked was an e-mail address which was correct. And when I ignored the error and tried to add the text message, I did not get a block of information to fill in, but when I clicked e-mail again, it started a second e-mail set of info.

I'd love to follow some current examples step by step,

Thanks,

John
GryByteman
at
Gmail dot come

LeorUser avatar
Admin/Team Ubi

Post Posted » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm

millahjovich

Post Posted » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:07 am

Sounds great! I signed up for access.
Hello I am Millah