Ubi Feature List - What can the Ubi do?

Questions, comments, feature requests, anything and everything Ubi related. Post about how awesome your Ubi is or make a suggestion about what you think will take us there.

AuthorPost

Re: Ubi Feature List - What can the Ubi do?

johan_skott

Post Posted » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:49 pm

thecolor wrote:
johan_skott wrote:
Jason wrote:
[*]Integrate with a SmartThings Device, you can tell ask Ubi to turn off the light, or have Ubi play music when you close your bathroom door

How can I make my Ubi play music when I'm going to poop?!

Serious question

put a motion sensor in the bowl, so that when an object passes thhe sensor, SmartThings or UBI will act on it.
I recommend of course, waterproofing the sensor.

Thank you for that reply ;)
Hmm, well I took another route and put a sensor on the door, so when someone closes it I want the Ubi to play music. But I can not find anything but Voice announcement there. Am I stupid?

thecolor

Post Posted » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 pm

johan_skott wrote:
thecolor wrote:
johan_skott wrote:
Jason wrote:
[*]Integrate with a SmartThings Device, you can tell ask Ubi to turn off the light, or have Ubi play music when you close your bathroom door

How can I make my Ubi play music when I'm going to poop?!

Serious question

put a motion sensor in the bowl, so that when an object passes thhe sensor, SmartThings or UBI will act on it.
I recommend of course, waterproofing the sensor.

Thank you for that reply ;)
Hmm, well I took another route and put a sensor on the door, so when someone closes it I want the Ubi to play music. But I can not find anything but Voice announcement there. Am I stupid?

Well, UBI playing music would need a httpget for anything specific, else you could "eventually" setup an ifttt control (however those take minutes sometimes to re-act (you'd likely be pooped out).) Alternatively, if you have it connected at all to a computer or receiver, you could have that device switch on to play X when motion sensed.

I utilize eventGhost for a lot of PC to home automation commands. It's free, convenient and does not require home automation elements, you can control your computer's and mobile devices as well... e.g. sending a "play spotify or pandora, etc." command to your mobile (assuming you took it in there with you). ;)

twenty222

Post Posted » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm

saxnix wrote:I was able to see that when my 9 year old son had a friend sleep over, that they were up talking until 3am. Little buggers."

Talking about the detector, i think the handheld metal detectors will be your best choice,you can have a look at